Thursday, September 9, 2010

Without the library

The entire Seattle Public Library system was closed last week due to budget cuts. And not just the buildings were closed--you couldn't return books to the book drops or order anything from the library catalog. Luckily three of my books arrived the day before it closed, so the closure was not as painful as I expected it to be, and I had plenty to read at home anyway.
Here are the books I was reading during my library-less week. Both arrived at the last possible moment, for which I was very thankful, as they kept me busy. I also checked out The Little Prince, but I haven't got to it yet. You'll hear more about these next week.

I know libraries all over the place are seeing similar effects of budget cuts. And I can't possibly express how important I think libraries are.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails