Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Goals

I don't know when I'll stop remembering or planning in terms of school years instead of calendar years. Probably when I'm out of school, but I suspect it will be difficult to let go of the feeling that September is the beginning and June is some kind of end.

For now, though, it still makes most sense to me to make my New Year's resolutions (of a sort) in September. And I move out of my house and into my dorm today, so it's a good moment for beginning things.

First, I want a real job that pays me real money. State budget cuts suck and tuition sucks even more (both idiomatically and in that they suck up money like a big education vacuum).

Second, I want to make a bunch of new friends, because I know there are a lot of super fabulous people at UW that I have yet to meet.

Third, I want to make a lot of crafts and art and find a way to make money off it. Not just because of that whole tuition thing, but because it's something I've been talking about doing for years and because I think it would push me to actually make things with my hands more regularly.

Fourth, I want to do a lot more blogging. I've posted every single day since July 12th, and I like that. I was terrible at keeping up with blogging during school last year, and I want to make sure that does not happen this year.

Fifth, I want to go dancing. A lot.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails