Friday, September 4, 2009

Literature you can eat

So I was at the dentist on Wednesday, and I had to wait quite some time, and having foolishly not brought a book, I picked up a magazine. Seattle Magazine, to be exact. It was their food edition, and flipping through it I found an article on the Seattle Edible Book Festival. This is part of the International Edible Book Festival, which happens every year in the vicinity of April 1st in all sorts of different countries. People create food with a relation to books, generally punny plays on the title of a particular book.

I missed this year's festival, of course, but admission is free with an entry ($10 otherwise), so maybe I'll come up with something for next year.

You can view a bunch of photos of Seattle's edible books from past years here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails