Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Noveling!

National Novel Writing Month began today at midnight. In case you don't already know, the goal is to write 50,000 words of a novel between 12:00 AM November 1st and 11:59 PM November 31st. I've participated for the last two years and also did a novel in July. I won the first year and the July novel, but not last year. Too busy, not enough oomph in my story.

I don't know if I'm going to win this year. My story is extremely vague (but then, so was the July novel when I started it). I might just go to write-ins (meetings, usually in coffee shops, of fellow NaNo participants) and try and write some short stories; we'll see. Maybe I'll come out of the month with a novel. That's the beauty of the thing--you never really know.

Happy writing, novelists, and if you're not participating have fun watching and laughing at those who are!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails