Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Textbooks

So, I'm discovering I have this problem. Textbooks are ridiculously expensive, right? We all know this and have complained about it. There's a reason they have that nice program where you can sell back your books at the end of the quarter. There's amazon, ebay, all sorts of nice internet places where you can sell off your textbooks once you've finished the class.

Here is where I run into the problem. Having read The Good Person of Sichuan, or Daphnis and Chloe, or any of the other books I'm supposed to read this quarter, I know I'm not going to be able to sell them. What if I need them? What if I take another class later on that uses the same book? What if I'm writing a paper and it suddenly occurs to me that that book I read two years ago in that one class is totally applicable to my current topic? What if some day we're looking for a play to do and I have just the one? What if I want to review some of the German I learned three years ago?

And there I'll be, hauling around all these books I'll probably never actually use again, and completely out the money.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails