Saturday, October 17, 2009

Meandering Morning

I was just not meant to sleep in this morning. I woke up at 9, got up to go to the bathroom, and then got back in bed and tried to go back to sleep, and realized I was just way too awake. And then my roommate's alarm clock went off. Neither of my roommates are even here, so obviously this was meant just for me.

So now I'm curled up with blankets and pillows on the floor, because it's impossible to read in my bed.

Do you read in bed? I used to, years ago, but then I stopped for some reason. My bed in my dorm room is too close to the ceiling to sit up in, or I would because my only other options are the floor or the desk chair, and I don't much like reading in desk chairs.

I've been reading the Odyssey. I finished what I needed to read for class, so I can now say I've read more than half of the Odyssey (but in funny chunks--books I, II, V-X, and XIX-XIV). I'm now filling in the gaps I haven't read yet. Reading this is kind of addictive, and I'm really enjoying it. I'll do a whole post about the Odyssey at some point in the near future.

It's been raining like crazy for the last four days. I keep expecting to see pairs of animals lining up in the street. Which is funny because I just read The Skin of Our Teeth for my other class. I should write about that one, too, I'm quite fond of it.

This post is kind of here and there, mostly just to check in and tell you what I'm up to, give you some idea of what to expect in the near future. I've also been watching the new BBC Emma, so once I've seen the whole thing maybe I'll write about that too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails