Thursday, October 28, 2010

NYRB Reading Week

November 7-13 is NYRB Reading Week, hosted here by The Literary Stew and Coffeespoons. I discovered NYRB a couple of years ago when my father bought me a couple of their books, and I've become quite a convert. I've read The Dud Avocado, The Slaves of Solitude, and The Post-Office Girl. All of them have been clever, unpredictable, and (in very different ways) lovely. I own several more and I've been meaning to read them, so this event is perfect.

The book I'm most eager to read is Indian Summer, by William Dean Howells. I don't know much about it, but I gather it's sort of a romance--possibly a little similar in tone to The Season of Second Chances. Hopefully I'll have time during that week to start it, at least.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails