Saturday, October 9, 2010

New books to read

I acquired two new books yesterday, one in the mail and one delivered by my mother, with whom I had lunch. I was not expecting The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop, but it sounds like a lovely book-about-books. I read a review of The Season of Second Chances at Cornflower Books, and had to order it from the library immediately. It sounds perfect. I love literature about college--my obsession with Tam Lin might tip you off to that, and I also loved On Borrowed Wings, The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane, and everything I've ever read about Oxford or Cambridge precisely for their views of university life. I'm tremendously excited to read this, and may have to start it even before I've finished other things.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails