Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reading classics

Ever since I read Evelina I've been meaning to read more classics. I really enjoyed Evelina, and A Room with a View, and the Forsyte Saga, and all the other classics I've read in the last couple of years. There's a reason classics are classic--they generally deserve it.

I sometimes feel like some of the books I read I read because blogland is into them. All the 20th century domestic fiction is very big on all the book blogs I read, so I wind up reading a lot of books like that. Don't get me wrong, I do really like those books, but I wonder if I'd be reading them now if I hadn't started reading about them on blogs. When I started reading more grown-up books somewhere along the line I gravitated more towards classics, but I've since stopped reading as many of them. So maybe it'll be a New Year's resolution to get back to them. Bearing in mind I never make New Year's resolutions in much seriousness.

Of course, I have no real thoughts as to what classics I want to read. What are your favourites?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails