Thursday, November 4, 2010

The reading cup is full

I've had enormous amounts of reading to do for my classes lately. Four days a week I have to have things read, and the reading tends to be long and dense. Interesting, but very time consuming. So, by the end of the day, no matter how excited I am about the book I'm reading for fun, all I want to do is curl up and watch TV. Now that I've finished Single Father, Gilmore Girls is my show of choice--it's an old favourite, and I'm slowly rewatching the whole thing. Sometimes Sarah Jane Adventures also makes an appearance.

Do you think there's a maximum capacity for reading in a day? I would imagine the 24-hour read-a-thons I hear about in blogland fill that capacity, but there must be a difference between what you read for class and what you read for yourself. There's something comforting about curling up and reading a novel all day, but the same is not true about assigned reading.

The book that's falling by the wayside in all this is The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. It's very intriguing, and involves Australia, which I've been interested in lately. I just wish my reading quota didn't already feel so full.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails