Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Sad news, loveliness to counteract

I mentioned just the other day that I was thinking of reading Robert Holdstock's Mythago Wood, didn't I? Well, now I really feel like I ought to read it soon, as he passed away on Sunday. More information here, but he was only 61. I read part of Mythago Wood years ago, and I read another of his books, Celtika, though I think at the time I didn't know it was the same author. He wrote fantasy very firmly based in myth, and with darker edges with feet firmly planted in the dirt, not very comfortable books, but good. I'm looking forward to reading more of his books, and sad to hear he's gone.

Sad news first, nice things second, here's a couple of pretty and cheerful links to cheer you up.

London (and Windsor) Alphabet.

Phone box becomes mini-library.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails