Friday, July 10, 2009

I get way too excited about school sometimes, huh....

I registered for my first quarter of classes at UW today! I can still go back and change them if I want to, and who knows what bright idea I'll suddenly have about something I want to take, but for the moment I think I know what I'm doing.

I'm taking Sex, Gender, and Representation in Greek and Roman Literature; German 101; and Writing in Comparative Literature. Every semester/quarter, I do this thing where I angst about my schedule and what classes I should take, and then once I pick them I get ridiculously pleased over it. I'm looking forward to all of these classes enormously. The first two most of all. The first one is an Honors class, and discussion-based, I believe, and involves Ovid's Metamorphoses, the Odyssey, and some Euripides, among other things, if the textbook list is to be believed. I'm terribly excited to have that excuse to read Greek literature that I've been wanting, and I think it'll be a really interesting class in general.

German I'm looking forward to just because I always look forward to taking new languages. I chose German largely because I know I'm going to like it (some languages I find boring and/or aesthetically displeasing, and it would be annoying to realize this once I was already committed to finishing out the class). Also, I have a disproportionate number of German friends. I would be taking French 201 (either in place of German or in addition to it), but the class was full.

Writing in Comparative Literature mostly just fulfills an English Composition requirement, but it sounds interesting because the readings one is comparing are in translation and there's an option to read them in the original, if possible.

No doubt I'll be doing much less random fun reading this fall, what with all this, but it's sure to be interesting.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails