Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Counting the pages

I feel like I pay too much attention to how long a book is. I'm always flipping to the end to check the page count, and I always like to know how far away the end of the chapter is. I like to know how much I've read since I sat down and how much I have left to read. I'm sure I didn't use to do this. I do it far more with books I have to read for school.

Lately, I think I've gotten too used to class reading, and started to approach all books that way. I love reading until I can't sit still any more, and with a good book that can be a long time. But I never do that with books I have to read, and until recently it had been a while since I'd done that at all. I wonder if I could read school books that way? It would be an interesting experiment.

Does anyone else pay too much attention to the page numbers?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails