Thursday, August 20, 2009

Passing time

I went to the trouble of finding post-its for these, I liked them so much. From The Uncommon Reader, page 21:
"[She] wished that writers in particular had the courage to say what they later wrote down. What she was finding also was how one book led to another, doors kept opening wherever she turned and the days weren't long enough for the reading she wanted to do."
Page 29:
"'Pass the time?' said the Queen. 'Books are not about passing the time. They're about other lives. Other worlds. Far from wanting time to pass, Sir Kevin, one just wishes one had more of it.'"
That's a bit painfully true. There's so many things I've been wanting to work on lately, and books are definitely one of those things; in the same way I want to work on writing or sewing I want to work on reading. And none of those things are simply about passing time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails